Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The only way I was able to finish Living Lies was because I liked the story. It was something I would read.  There is just too much work to do if you and if you aren't interested in your characters – who will be? When I got bored I figured everyone else would be bored too and I shook it up. Even if this meant I discarded an entire chapter – whatever it took. There were scenes that were difficult to delete but for the sake of the story I had too. I can still imagine Trish using her physical therapy skills on Melanie – it was funny but in the end it had to go, it isn't about me.
In the end I think you should write what you would read – then you'll always have at least an audience of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment