Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day

The rain finally broke over the desert and if I can pause for a moment to say how amazing wet creosote smells. The sky is gorgeous, cloudy and dark, and on the wind travels the scent of life and hope. Monsoon season is my favorite time of year. The drilling heat is worth the price and today we were granted the reward!

Independence is a wonderful thing. Not to have to ask someone for something; to use the car, for a couple of bucks for dinner or to go someplace. It's freedom and it's the best. Let's say I go to my mom's and she's grumpy, starts bugging me ... guess what I can do. Drive. Drive. Drive. She's great and don't get me wrong - She's the best, kind, generous, and would do anything for me. I love her. Love Her. But there are times when I am also in love with my keys! In Love With Car Keys. That's freedom on a personal note. That we live in a time where homeless carry cell phones and I don't have to eat pig intestines, that is even more to be grateful for - I am grateful. Everyday.

What are you grateful for?

Happy 4th of July!

Love All,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment