Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Year Of The Dragon!

Just a quick note before I begin my Moon Over Monsters update.

I went to lunch today with my mom, niece and husband - it was a quick-fast-food place and it's always terrifying to be up at the counter, ordering with my mom. She's a maniac! She asks, "What do you want?" and then proceeds to order whatever she thinks you should have. Brent and I usually split a meal - they give too much for a single person and it works. We don't have left overs, we don't waste and we're not over stuffed. My mom disagrees.
So, today we're at the counter and I'm hanging back because we usually get into a squabble right in front of person - and we do. (Though I hate to admit it ... It was sort of my fault. I'm okay with that so long as my mom never finds out.)
We confused the man and in the end the four of us snacked/lunched for $8.36. He got the order mostly wrong and we just accepted whatever came on the tray. I'm not sure what this says about any of us ... and don't think that you've solved my problem by having me wait for the next person to take my order. My mom scolds and waves me over until I relent. She means well. She usually buys. I love my mom.

Moon Over Monsters - spent all day Saturday reading it to the girls. We're a third of the way through and it's going well - they're asking good questions, giving ideas and we're catching a couple of typing, wording errors.

I've forgotten how long this process takes. Poor, poor Melanie is waiting in the wings. I've been playing her relationship with Adam over and over in my head. I'm just not sure which way she's leaning. I love Adam and I know there's feelings there for Melanie, too ... but are they strong enough?

I guess I'm going to have to listen and see what she has to say.

Happy Year Of The Dragon!

Best Wishes,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment