Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Friday, May 4, 2012

Fake Can Be A Great Alternative

I think the Tylenol, ibuprofen, the Benadryl and the caffeine from the Diet Coke are finally kicking in! And even though what I'm feeling is totally fake - it's better than how I woke up this morning. Fake isn't always better but I have to admit my fingers are flying over this keyboard, when an hour ago I was slumped in the sunshine. I wonder if a tanning bed would have served the same effect as the dose of chemicals. But maybe (here is my artificial light - lightbulb - moment) it is the fake things that are most addictive! New thoughts for my procrastinating ponder.
Speaking of fake ...
I'm going to have to open my mind to the possibility that some of my strong feelings about nothing could be wrong. I used to dislike seedless watermelon. How unnatural to de-seed such a beautiful fruit! What, are we smarter than God? But then (against my will) I tried the devil food – and it was not only delicious but totally convenient. Spitting isn't attractive. Now, to justify my turn of opinion ... It would be more of a sin not to take advantage of the tools we were given!
No one gets addicted to seedless watermelon! Go Team Seedless Watermelon!

I think humans are smart enough to fix anything in the world - if only we weren't so consumed with nonsense. If we could pick up our pants, put less sugar in ice cream, mute mean gossip, end selfishness, have kids that like to clean their room and receive a dollar for every lame political television ad we are subjected to ... life would be better! Someday I might miss those seeds, nostalgia that, I'm sure, will dissipate with the coming of summer melon season.

Hey, did you see the Tucson Lifestyle Author page? So nice.

I can't write how super cool it is to open email or FB and read a note from a reader. It makes me happy on the inside and motivates my work. Thanks to everyone - it's better than fake!!

Remember to be kind.

Love All,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment