Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Young Adult Book That Really Is For Kids!

Tomorrow a promotional newsletter to teachers is going out with a Moon Over Monsters review! It feels odd to have this book out on Kindle. It's the first time we've done that ... ebook out before the actual book has been printed. I feel as if I'm letting Christina down. But this is also the first time we've had such success with ebooks.

Moon Over Monsters is a story about a girl, Christina, who lives in LA. She's super smart and at 16 has just graduated from High School and is getting ready for UCLA in the fall. When her dreams start they're treats and a break from reality but when they start becoming more like visions Christina starts to  worry. She witnesses a boy battling a dragon and her scream crosses the continuum as the boy turns to look at her,  the dragon lunges.
Christina has a destiny that is stronger than her fight. And when her family is sent to Germany to cover a dragon sighting she slips into another realm. It's like nothing she ever thought existed. Elves, witches, trolls, dwarves and fairies populate a kingdom that has been bread to hate and fear humans. With the shield that protects their secret fading it is destiny that has her way.

I've spent years researching the YA genre and I really wanted a story that I could hand to my kids and not worry. It's a summer read for kids of all ages. The book edition will be out within the month. If you have kids ... check what their reading!

Are we sick of political ads, yet?  I am not going to let them ruin my summer! Because summer has started in this household. My girls are finished with their finals today and will spend the next week at school creating puppets. Puppets. Nothing like the sixth grade that I remember, in either the level of learning or the crazy last week. It's a great school and I cannot complain, nor do I want to.

Be safe.

Love All,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment