Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy July and release of Second Chance!

I've been thinking about what I've learned - first there is no right way to write. That has been the most glaring fact I learned. After I started writing - and thought I was finished - the seminars I took described how a person should go about writing and most often they stated an outline. Outline. I tried an outline on Second Chance ... didn't work. Unless 'they' consider writing the basics of the plot, storyline, character development and a good 75% of the book as an outline ... then I failed that miserably. Because as I write the story comes out - not to say I don't know where I'm going, nope, I know. From thought process. I think and set up the environment, the atmosphere all in my mind then I write. And when I'm done - have completed the entire thing (maybe leaving the ending alone until I'm certain) then I go back through the entire manuscript and make changes, tweak, revise and all the rest - then give it to the awesome editor and she corrects my errors, gives me suggestions and is the base for gauging how the book is being taken. A couple of times she thought things that I didn't mean ... okay, changed. This works for me. It doesn't mean it's the right or wrong way - I just cannot plan out each chapter. Maybe one day I'll try it again and that will be the best book ever but for now ... it's just me and my thoughts.
I hope it helps.
Happy and safe 4th!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment