Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Friday, December 9, 2011

Commercials And Less Is More

Okay so I really like commercials. I would say I love them but there are too many that drive me nuts and I either have to immediately mute the show or completely change the channel. But a good commercial can change your life. When I find a gem ... I wait and watch. Sometimes (good but bad advertisement) I don't even know what they are trying to sell me. My mom loves anything with an animal and if they make it dance or add a monkey – gold. I have to admit I sort of like them, too. But not when they make the animal talk, I think it must be offensive to them. I do enjoy some of those local ones, you know what I'm talking about. They're so awful that they're captivating. Car commercials are boring and how much flooring can one city purchase?

Years ago it was a Hershey's commercial that had me wanting a candy bar for days. I know my girls have a list of items with marvelous commercials aimed exactly for their age and gender. I went to the store and looked at some of these ridiculous requests ... too bad you can't rent these toys and watch as your kids get bored in twenty minutes. But all these toys need is one really good holiday season.

So, cynical!

Well, my take on this holiday is Less Is More. I hope you finish your shopping and find all the great deals. Beware of talking dogs and dancing worms.

Best wishes,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment