Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Launch Party

We're having a little late Launch Party for Second Chance!

Saturday October 15th from 5pm-8pm
Here in Tucson - 4401 Paseo del Barranco

There will be food, wine, books and friends and family.


With that done - I do have to say that the third book is just as challenging as the other two. I've been doing this for weeks and I have to scrap a big chunk. It wasn't smooth going – I was hitting obstacles at every turn – a good sign that I went the wrong direction, duh! I guess I should've realized it sooner.

Over the weekend I spent time working out problems and it turns out I picked the wrong place to start. Even as planned as I thought I was - it isn't until the fingers hit the keys that the truth is shown. At least I can use most of what's done ... somewhere else, later in the book. Still it is a setback. Feels like a huge bummer, though, if I can find a groove I'll get back on track.

But I have to express how strangely happy I am to be back with Melanie. I think it's love. Infatuation or True love? At this moment I can't tell the difference. I close my eyes and I'm there. I've been listening to my playlist ( a brief moment to recognize the loss of Steve Jobs who absolutely changed my life. Years ago I got an iPod for my birthday and at the time I had no idea how much I needed one – so my thanks and prayers are with him. ) Back to my point ... I'm listening to a song by Ryanhood - Born To Run To You - and there is this moment where Pachelbel - don't know which one - is blended into the song and when I hear it, it takes my breath away. That's how I feel being back with Melanie. Corny or Goofy - I don't care.

What I do say is that writing is a leaning experience and though I am not necessarily making the same mistakes - I'm finding new ones. There will always be something to learn.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment