Visit My Website

Visit My Website www.KateMathis.net

Friday, February 3, 2012

Jennifer

I went to the funeral of my cousin's daughter yesterday. She was placed beside her mom.

It's been a difficult week. And I'm tired to trying to make sense of the whole thing. The best I've come up with is that I have no idea how anything works. People speak of fairness and injustice. I don't know but if there was ever a case for unfairness in life ... this feels like it.

What do you think about fate vs. free will? Does it matter how you live or do we all just have an expiration date stamped on our soul? Everyone dies. Athletes, young kids, drug addicts, the elderly, those who don't look both ways – the only ones who seem immune are celebrities. Crazy.

I am so sorry for the loss of Jennifer. She was sweet and smiling and I'm very sorry for the gap this has left in people's lives. For some the gap is great and their grief is unimaginable.

Was it last week when I suggested Love All? Well, feels like ages ago but it still sounds like a good idea.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment